Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod nano won't show up in iTunes

I have a windows 8 laptop that I have used to sync my ipod nano (5th gen) before, and it has worked fine. I got some new music and I plugged my ipod in to sync, and it gave me an error message saying "An Ipod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect ipod, then try again.

If the problem persists , uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again." There is a More Info button which I clicked on and tried all the tips and solutions that it listed and none of them worked. Thinking it was just because my ipod was old and didn't work very good anymore I bought a new nano (7th gen). It gave me the exact same problem, I again tried everything and nothing worked. If anyone knows how to fix this problem it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 10:41 PM

5 replies

Jul 13, 2014 1:18 PM in response to Teebai

I had the same exact problem this week and went through the troubleshooting to no avail. I finally called Apple for help and they told me to uninstall all iTunes related components (Bonjour, etc.) using these directions:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

After removing everything, I re-downloaded the newest version of iTunes and it seems to be working normally (my 5th gen. nano is synchronizing right now). Hope this helps you guys! I know how frustrated I was.

Ipod nano won't show up in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.