Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled Ipod touch, 5th generation won't restore?

I have my nieces IPOD Touch 5th generation, or so she says, lol. Anyways, someone has tried to enter her password too many times and disabled the IPOD. I have followed instructions MANY times now, and it does the same thing every time. It says it's going to restore the IPOD, and when it restarts the IPOD it says I have to respond on the IPOD to finish, but the IPOD still shows to be disabled. Can anyone help please???

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 9:59 PM

The solution you can try with:

*Hold the home button and power button for 10 seconds to reset your iPod touch.

*When the black screen appears, let the power button go, and hold for 30 seconds. (If you get Apple logo, then you have to try it again.)

*When you see iTunes message appears, click OK. Then click "Restore iPod..."

*Click Restore when prompted. When terms and conditions appears, just click "I Agree".

*Then the software starts downloading.

*When software downloaded, the install starts and your iPod is restored.

BEFORE YOU DO THIS, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP THE IPOD TOUCH. BY USING ICLOUD OR ITUNES BACKUP. IS THIS HELPS YOU?

If not, your iPod touch may needs service, go to your local AASP or Apple Store. Good luck!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2014 9:59 PM in response to AuntNeedsHelp

The solution you can try with:

*Hold the home button and power button for 10 seconds to reset your iPod touch.

*When the black screen appears, let the power button go, and hold for 30 seconds. (If you get Apple logo, then you have to try it again.)

*When you see iTunes message appears, click OK. Then click "Restore iPod..."

*Click Restore when prompted. When terms and conditions appears, just click "I Agree".

*Then the software starts downloading.

*When software downloaded, the install starts and your iPod is restored.

BEFORE YOU DO THIS, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP THE IPOD TOUCH. BY USING ICLOUD OR ITUNES BACKUP. IS THIS HELPS YOU?

If not, your iPod touch may needs service, go to your local AASP or Apple Store. Good luck!

Jul 8, 2014 10:24 PM in response to AuntNeedsHelp

Don't go to DFU mode. It will quit the DFU mode in 15 minutes. To enter Recovery Mode, please follow these instructions carefully.

Solutions:

*Hold power and home button at same time for 10 seconds.

*Power button hold for 5 seconds, let it go. Home button hold for 30 seconds at both same time.

*If you don't see iTunes logo and USB appears, that means you're in Recovery Mode from now.

*When iTunes message appears on your computer, click OK. Then click Restore.

*When software restore message warning appears, click Restore.

*When T&C (Terms and Conditions) appears, click "I Agree".

*There, now software is downloading.

*After software downloaded, it will install automatically and iPod will restart.

Did this help you? If did, click Solved.

REMEMBER: DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING WHILE INSTALLING APPEARS ON YOUR IPOD.

Jul 9, 2014 2:13 AM in response to AuntNeedsHelp

Disabled

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Forgot passcode or device disabled

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If problem what happens or does not happen and when in the instructions? When you successfully get the iPod in recovery mode and connect to computer iTunes should say it found an iPod in recovery mode.

Jul 9, 2014 2:29 PM in response to AuntNeedsHelp

Try disabling the computer's antivirus and firewall.

- Next try the manual install method of:

iDevice Troubleshooting 101 :: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch

Place the iPod in recovery mode after the firmware download is complete and then restore using the instructions in the article. Sometimes recovery mode timeouts and returns to disabled before the firmware download is complete.

- Then try on another computer

Disabled Ipod touch, 5th generation won't restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.