Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update IOS 7.1.2 - Iphone 4 - No SIM Card

Hello,

I have a IPhone 4 and just after the update 7.1.2 of IOS , I had an error "No Sim Card".

I have follow this howto: iPhone: iPhone: Troubleshooting No SIM , (without the point 6) and no result!

I see a lot of the same problem with differents models of Iphone/Ipad...

Sim Failure on update iOS 7.1.2

Re: "No Sim Card Installed" error

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6394963?answerId=26137628022#26137628022

iPhone: Troubleshooting No SIM

etc...

How can I resolve this problem please ?

Best regards.

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 11:43 PM

4 replies

Aug 25, 2014 5:45 AM in response to Arialili

I'm hoping they figure out a fix for this soon, it's too much to just be a coincidence in my opinion. I hadnt bothered with the update until last week I figured why not update, it'll get rid of the irritating notification badge I had for so long. Sure enough that evening I had my first of probably 2-3 dozen SIM card failures in a week or so. Doing a hard restart will usually temporarily fix the issue but I'm sure I'm not the only person who realizes that this kind of bug could cause serious risks. For anyone trusting a reliable network connection in a life or death situation this is actually a very big problem. I never know when or where my phone will fail on me next. It's about a year and a half old and I haven't had a single issue with network until hours after this latest update. I will be doing my research from now on before updating. This post is more so for someone within Apple, and to support the legitimacy of the others, you should really take these network failure concerns seriously.

Update IOS 7.1.2 - Iphone 4 - No SIM Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.