Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Play/Pause, Next, Previous functions Not Working

I am running Mavericks 10.9.3 and iTunes 11.2.2 (the latest versions, if I'm not mistaken) and I have lost total functionality of the F7, F8, and F9 keys which are the short cuts for previous, play/pause, and next respectively. I've looked into all the function settings and reset everything to their default settings. I have had no luck. I have had Spotify on my machine for at least 6 months now and when that is open, it takes control of the F7, F8, F9 keys and their respective commands. After I quit the application, iTunes regains control. I recently downloaded Google Play music and ever since I have lost use of those keys in iTunes, even when Google Music is not running. I uninstalled Google music from my computer and checked the settings once more to be sure everything is factory default. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them because I'm totally stumped/a little frustrated.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15" (2009)

2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 2:16 PM

Hi Rogue Status,

You may want to update to iTunes 11.3 (just released) and test to see if the issue persists. Since the issue appears to have started with Google Play, you may also want to make sure that Google Chrome isn't running if you have it installed.

iTunes: How to install the latest version

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5654

Regards,

- Brenden

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 2:16 PM in response to Rogue Status

Hi Rogue Status,

You may want to update to iTunes 11.3 (just released) and test to see if the issue persists. Since the issue appears to have started with Google Play, you may also want to make sure that Google Chrome isn't running if you have it installed.

iTunes: How to install the latest version

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5654

Regards,

- Brenden

iTunes Play/Pause, Next, Previous functions Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.