Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creatin a new network

I have a Model A1264 and A1392 Airport Express . My main modem/router is a Netgear DGND3700 (PC ) I have a cat6 cable running from the netgear to a data switcher box in a another room for my PVR AVR etec, due to the not so good wireless signal of the Netgear.

I want improve my signal and range for my Ipad3 by connecting the A1264 to the data switcher port , setting that up as Create new network, then wireless extending the network to to the A1392 . Does this make sense ?. Do I need to maybe put the 1392 first and the thA1264 ?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 5:13 AM

The setup should work fine......assuming that the AirPort that will extend using wireless is located where it can receive a strong signal from the main AirPort.

Makes sense to put the A1392 first, since it is dual band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. If you placed the single band A1264 first, then the A1392 would only extend the single band that the A1264 was providing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2014 5:13 AM in response to Blanch991

The setup should work fine......assuming that the AirPort that will extend using wireless is located where it can receive a strong signal from the main AirPort.

Makes sense to put the A1392 first, since it is dual band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. If you placed the single band A1264 first, then the A1392 would only extend the single band that the A1264 was providing.

Creatin a new network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.