Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen orientation problem

iPad mini retina. iOS 7.1.2. Experience problems with orientation. Sometimes it doesn't want to work(the problem is not in lock of orientation, the switcher is off). I want to put my ipad for example in horizontal way but the screen stays vertical. Reboot helps but it happens quite often. And funny thing is that if it doesn't want to change the orientation and I just put it to sleep mode, then after maybe 10 minutes or so if I take it orientation changes with no problem. P.S. I've already restored it, as you can see no success.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 2:08 AM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2014 2:51 AM in response to yumakarov

I had this happen to me several weeks ago, but just the once (I think it was running 7.1.1 at the time). My iPad 3 was charging overnight and when I woke it in the morning the homescreen was locked in landscape view. Side switch was set correctly but nothing would make it change back to portrait orientation, I turned it every which way and even upside down, no luck. Flipped the orientation lock switch on and then off again, no change. Eventually I did a reset and that fixed it, the problem has never recurred so I'm afraid I don't know any magic solution aside from that.

Screen orientation problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.