Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Ipad

My wife and I share an ipad. Can we BOTH have email account in iCloud (i.e. BOTH have our contacts, mail etc transfer over)

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 2:16 AM

6 replies

Jul 9, 2014 4:06 AM in response to johnhb2

Or if you want privacy in your mail, use the webmail interface. Most if not all e-mail providers have an interface where you can access the mail via the web...for example for my yahoo i could download the yahoo mail app, or use safari to go to www.yahoo.com, sign in and read my mail and then sign out, so that your mail is only accessible if you have the password.

The iPad does not support different users and different accounts like a computer does. It was designed to be a single user device.

Jul 9, 2014 7:28 PM in response to johnhb2

Let's say there's a family with 5 people and each of those 5 people have two e-mail addresses...you can add all 10 accounts to the mail app...but every one of those 5 people will have access to every one of those 10 accounts.

there'a difference between multiple e-mails and user accounts. A user account, if you're used to PC's, let's say Mary signs into her account but she can't see what Susan, Fred, Ginger and John have on their accounts. It's like the computer is divvied up into 5 different versions of the computer with one not having access to the other 4 parts unless they know the password.

The iPad is a single user device and there's no way to lock off any part of the device from anyone that picks it up. If you know the passcode you have access to everything on the ipad.

Shared Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.