Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5s fingerprints will work with others too

I have entered 3 finger prints on my iphone 5s and it will work with other 7 fingers as well. Also it will work with my friends prints too. its totally messed. if i disable finger print option then i can works fine with the code (4 digit). so what can i do for this is this common issue??

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 2:50 AM

10 replies

Jul 9, 2014 7:49 AM in response to Briansyddall

Resetting (pressing and holding the Home and power buttons until the apple appears) does not remove fingerprints. If you mean you did something in Settings>General>Reset, it might help to specify which of the several options available on that page you used. However, as you didn't have the same problem as the OP, your "solution" can't really be said to have been tested.

Jul 10, 2014 12:37 AM in response to arjunabsm

Thank you all guys
but i just realized that its not the problem with finger print.
i have enabled finger print option and locked the phone. After that by clicking home button (using any finger) it will login without asking anything even pass-code. i think this is not secure anymore. when i disable finger print option, then it will works fine like iphone 5.
anyone know anything..??

5s fingerprints will work with others too

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.