Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 keeps restarting after update of 7.1.2

Hello Everyone,

I have iphone 5. After updating ios 7.1.2 phone keeps restating itself until battery die. Rare time I can see my home screen during restart. I can't do anything to my phone.Touch doesn't work. But when I connect my phone to itunes it shows me everything. Even I have backed up my photos to my pc when phone was restarting. Warranty is expired. Pls help if anyone have idea regarding this issue.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 2:49 AM

6 replies

Jul 22, 2014 6:29 AM in response to krunalranpara

My iPhone 5 started the restarting problem after I updated (OTA) from ios6 to ios7.1.1. The restarts became so frequent that the phone became impossible to use. I then bought a cheap android phone as I believed apple were going to release an update to solve the issue. Imagine my disappointment today after upgrading to ios 7.1.2, and immediately after the upgrade, the phone goes back to the restarting loop!! 😟 😟 I doubt that restoring the phone will do any good, I restored mine many times after my previous upgrade.......& still the problem persisted.I am not prepared to go through that pain again. I think I will just save-up & get myself the Galaxy s5 (never thought I would live to see the day that I would say this 😟). I am deeply disappointed by apple 😟 😟.

iphone 5 keeps restarting after update of 7.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.