Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've recently "upgraded" to Mavericks, but find it a very poor OS, so want to revert to the previous OSX. I backed up my MacBook before changing, so how do I reload the old system?

Having "upgraded" to Mavericks, I'm totally dissatisfied with it. Several things are missing that were useful on the old OSX that I had before, e.g, in Mail, there is no indication that mail is being downloaded. Also, my version of Dreamweaver won't work with Mavericks and while it's not so important on my Macbook, I haven't bothered to change my iMac. Safari, too, is not as good as on the old system. Even the trackpad is not as good as it used to be!!!! All in all, this "upgrade" is rather like a typical Windows one, i.e., of no use whatsoever!!!

I backed up my Macbook before loading the new OS, but now want to return to the much better and efficient OSX that I was using before. How do I do this?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 4:08 AM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2014 5:44 AM in response to RichardKM

Depends on what the backup is, TM or clone? If it's a clone (fully bootable), you will only need to erase (in Disk Utility, while booted from the clone) the current 10.9 volume and then move the clone back over by booting to it with the now erased volume as the target. If it was TM, you will need to erase and reformat the partition where the 10.9 lives, then see

http://pondini.org/TM/14.html

I've recently "upgraded" to Mavericks, but find it a very poor OS, so want to revert to the previous OSX. I backed up my MacBook before changing, so how do I reload the old system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.