Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppStore Error "NSURLErrorDomain error -1100" – how to fix it

After searching around for a longer time how to fix this problem in Software-Update, I finally found out how to manage this:

1. Delete PLISTs

/Usesr/<my username>/Library/Prefereces/com.apple.appstore.plist

/Usesr/<my username>/Library/Prefereces/com.apple.appstore.plist.lockfile

/Usesr/<my username>/Library/Prefereces/com.apple.softwareupdate.plist

2. In Terminal type or copy/paste:

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

3. Restart

Then:

1. Open System Preferences - Network

2. Highlight active connection

3. Click Advanced.

4. TCP/IP

5. Renew DHCP Lease

Already fixed two machine this way ...

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 3:23 AM

6 replies

Jul 9, 2014 5:03 AM in response to roto

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

effectively kills Spotlight. This may be done with less harm by adding certain parts of the hard drive to Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Spotlight -> Privacy. Mind you, if you stop Spotlight, all your search functions from Finder Find File, to Mail or Calendar/iCal or Addressbook searching will be disabled. Sometimes reindexing Spotlight may resolve issues where this function is required to solve problems. To reindex Spotlight, add and remove the drive/folder that is corrupted to the Privacy section of the Spotlight System Preference, and wait till the Spotlight menu no longer shows reindexing. This may take a few hours.

Also sudo commands should be done carefully. They effectively render your machine more vulnerable to accidental file deletion of important system files for a few minutes, sometimes till reboot. I don't know what the default time length is on Mac OS X for this vulnerability, but everyone using it should be aware of that. Better not to enable sudo if you have any sort of file sharing enabled, as that can also render your machine more vulnerable to outside file deletion.

Jul 9, 2014 5:39 AM in response to a brody

As far as my understanding is this should reset the DNS cache:

"OS X keeps a local cache of resolved DNS queries for a time defined by the DNS server, but sometimes it may be necessary to reset the cache immediately and re-query a DNS server. For example, you might do this after an entry on the server is changed or a new entry is added."

OS X: How to reset the DNS cache

Part of the AppStore problem seems to be a corrupt or invalid or wrong DNS entry …

AppStore Error "NSURLErrorDomain error -1100" – how to fix it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.