Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac.com apple id woes

Ok so i have read tons of forum posts and realized that I am to blame for not moving to the icloud service when i had a chance in 2012. But now, I am stuck with a mac.com primary address as my apple id (with all purchases since 2007) and all the problems that come with an unverified, inaccessible, primary id. My question is, is there a way for me to migrate this to icloud now? Can i write to tim cook about this???

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 4:00 AM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 12:48 PM in response to Yoakshay

Hello Yoakshay,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that you want to sign up for iCloud with your @mac.com Apple ID. See below on how you can accomplish this process:

I had a MobileMe account. How do I sign up for iCloud?

To use your MobileMe account for iCloud, follow the iCloud setup instructions and enter your @me.com or @mac.com email address as your Apple ID. If you had an @me.com address, it will be reactivated for email when you sign up for iCloud. If you had an @mac.com address, it won't be reactivated for email, but you can set up a new @icloud.com email address to use with iCloud.

Important: You will need a verified email address associated with your @me.com or @mac.com Apple ID to set up iCloud. To add a verified email address, go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com), sign in with your @me.com or @mac.com email address, and add a valid email address to your account.

Creating an iCloud account: Frequently Asked Questions

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4436

Take care,

Alex H.

mac.com apple id woes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.