Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random red tint on photos in iphoto and lightroom

Hi

I have just started having this problem, when I open up iphoto and the thumbnails start to load, some of them (at random) have a red tint overlay on the preview, this lasts momentarily, or until I open them to view at full size, I also get this problem when scrolling up or down the page viewing the previews / events.

I get the same problem using Lightroom 5.

This seemed to have started after the recent Mavericks update.

The machine is a late 2012 mac mini i7 with 16GB Ram connected to a thunderbolt display. Any ideas if could it be something serious?

Thanks in advance Jon

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 3:57 AM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2014 4:48 AM in response to curtispro

This is actually a very common issue. As long as the red tint does not appear when you print it, the file is not corrupt. Try printing the file with low ink use just to verify it is OK. The issue is the graphics redraw on some of these processors takes a moment to show everything right at the moment you are seeing it.

The file can get corrupt, especially on a thumbnail, as it is representation of the entire image, and not the whole image. A thumbnail is only an approximation. Never let your thumbnail be your only original you are working from.

Random red tint on photos in iphoto and lightroom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.