Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

E mails not coming into mini I pad automatically now. They did before?

i have tried various solutions to rectify this problem. Now my e mails are not coming into my mini I Pad until I lift the cover lid and even then they are very slow to arrive. This was never a problem until a couple of months back.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 4:10 AM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2014 6:40 AM in response to Norma from Linlithgow

Hello there, Norma.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some good steps for troubleshooting mail on your iOS device:

iOS: Troubleshooting Mail

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3899

First, try these basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Tap Safari and load a webpage. If you can load a webpage, then your device has Internet access. If you can't load a webpage, check your Wi-Fi connection or try a different Internet connection:
    • Try a different Wi-Fi connection.
    • If your iOS device has an active cellular data plan, tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn off Wi-Fi.
    • If the affected email account is provided by your Internet provider, see if your issue is resolved while connected to your home Wi-Fi network.*
  2. Log in to your email provider's website to make sure that the account is active and the password is correct.
  3. Make sure your settings are correct using Mail Settings Lookup.
  4. Restart your iOS device.
  5. Delete the affected email account from your device.
    1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    2. Tap the affected email account.
    3. Tap Delete Account.
    4. Add your account again.

* If you can only use your email account while connected to your home network, this might be a limitation put in place by your email service provider. For help, please contact your email service provider.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

E mails not coming into mini I pad automatically now. They did before?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.