Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's the difference between 45Wh and 54Wh battery?

Hi,

I was looking for a new battery for my MacBook Aluminum Unibody (Late 2008) and found that there are 45Wh and 54Wh battery. So what's the difference between 45Wh and 54Wh one at the same capacity? Will the 54Wh one offer a longer usage-time?

Thanks,

Nathan

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 5:31 AM

14 replies

Aug 15, 2014 11:55 AM in response to DobaKung

I am apple battery savvy. I do recommend to replace a new battery and search it on Amazon "Key Power apple battery", their price is cheaper than Nupower. 54Wh will provide longer usage to your laptop. However, I do not think Nupower offers good quality battery right now and they do not have many new version batteries now.

Aug 15, 2014 12:13 PM in response to Csound1

I wouldn't trust it. Even though the new battery is rated at 54 Watt hour but an apple battery may or may not run up to 1000 cycles. I looked the product reviews on amazon and I will go for what others said. However, Apple battery is designated to last about 700-1000 charge cycles but a battery over than 700 cycles. I am apple battery tech savvy. I would like to share my experience and provide sufficient answers to all the people in this forum.

Aug 15, 2014 12:14 PM in response to aznjia

aznjia wrote:

I wouldn't trust it. Even though the new battery is rated at 54 Watt hour but an apple battery may or may not run up to 1000 cycles. I looked the product reviews on amazon and I will go for what others said. However, Apple battery is designated to last about 700-1000 charge cycles but a battery over than 700 cycles. I am apple battery tech savvy. I would like to share my experience and provide sufficient answers to all the people in this forum.

I have no idea what you are trying to say. But I am NOT buying or recommending any 3rd party battery. Please read the post.

What's the difference between 45Wh and 54Wh battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.