Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of the sudden my mini failed to back up with Time machine. IT starts the process, but stops fairly quickly in the process. Goes through the scanning and it show "in progress" and then stops with no error message. Will continue with the

All of the sudden my mini failed to back up with Time machine (OS10.6.8). IT starts the process, but stops fairly quickly in the process. Goes through the scanning and it show "in progress" and then stops with no error message. Will continue with the hourly and just repeat the same process. Reformated my external, deleted "/Library/Preferences/com.apple. TimeMachine.plist". It has failed to created another preference file. Below is the continual message I get in console

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 6:07 AM

1 reply

All of the sudden my mini failed to back up with Time machine. IT starts the process, but stops fairly quickly in the process. Goes through the scanning and it show "in progress" and then stops with no error message. Will continue with the

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.