Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to open Iphoto 4.0.3 with Mac book pro 10.8.5? Iphoto icon for old version appears with circle and line across it.

Hi

Looking to open an old version of Iphoto 4.0.3 off of a hard drive. I know how to open alternative libraries, but this one appears with a circle and line across it. Telling me i cannot access it. Can you help?

Thank you in advance, Julie

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 6:19 AM

5 replies

Jul 9, 2014 6:30 AM in response to Julie René de Cotret

Are you trying to open an old application? Or an old library? what version of iPhoto do you have installed? What version of the OS?

A guess as to the answer is to depress and hold the option key while launching iPhoto from the dock and use the select library window to select the library you want to open - Depending on the unknown version of iPhoto that you have this will open and convert the library - you also may need to first run the iPhoto library upgraded on the old library

Please give details

LN

Jul 10, 2014 5:36 AM in response to léonie

thanks, but if you look at the image i posted, you will see that i also tried to open an alternative iphoto library using the option key and IT DOESN"T SHOW UP. Can you see the smaller window in the image, that is where the alternative libraries usually come up. I use this function for other libraries but i cannot open the 4.0.3 one at all. How do i do an upgrade on the old library?

How to open Iphoto 4.0.3 with Mac book pro 10.8.5? Iphoto icon for old version appears with circle and line across it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.