Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update 7.1.2 - stuck on update

HI there - hoping that someone will be able to help me - I tried to update the latest update (7.1.2) for my iPhone 4S - the apple logo and progess bar (which doesn't seem to be moving) is on my screen for close to 3 hours - i tried turning off but that doesn't do anything - if I reset (power off and menu button from what I read) will I lose my data?

Please help me 🙂

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 6:29 AM

2 replies

Jul 22, 2014 12:21 PM in response to Pefer

Hi, I had the same problem on my iphone amd iPad mini. I found holding the home button and onoff button for a few seconds longer than described inother forums rebooted the devices. They they both then updated .

Having said that I'm really disappointed that there was an issue in the first place. It was a little scary because I tried updating on my way to the airport and worried that they wouldn't start. It was only after I used my friends phone to find some online forumns did I find the solution. Had I not have had access to another device I most definitely wouldn't have managed to get this sorted until after my holiday!

Also I didn't loose any data.

D

update 7.1.2 - stuck on update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.