Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do some slides not play in preview? Yet...

I have a presentation put together over several versions of Keynote (within the past year). I was adding some slides and found that the new slides did not play when I previewed the presentation full screen, but they do appear correctly when I export the whole thing to Quicktime. Has anyone noticed this happening?

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 2:00 AM

Not a good idea to use the latest version of Keynote (version 6) to edit previous versions, it does strange things to the file.

Use Keynote 5 for editing and playing version 5 files, and only use Keynote 6 for new presentations.

2 replies

Jul 10, 2014 6:28 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I still have the old version, though I think i deleted it.

It would be gracious of Apple to advise its loyal users that they (Apple) have broken a program in terms of legacy files. So we don't waste our time using the "improved" version. A simple advisory like "Don't use this on earlier files."

Thanka again.

Why do some slides not play in preview? Yet...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.