Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync different photo libraries from different apple devices used with the same ID

Basically, I have two iphones (4 and 5s). Both iphones are synced in Itunes as regards apps, music and all documents but for photos.

Each iphone has different photos, being neither of both libraries synced to Itunes or my pc. The problem is that when I bought the Iphone 5s and I tried to sync also the photos from the iphone 4 to later have them synched to the brand new iphone 5s, Itunes was not able to just copy the photos from the iphone into the pc, but rather copying the pictures from the PC into the iphone 4, removing all existing photos.

Also, icloud could not be used because I have more than 5gbs in photos.

Now the problem is that i got a new Ipad, and I would like to got into my ipad all the pictures from my iphone 4 and iphone 5s. Again icloud is not enough due to the 5gb limit.

How could i proceeed to merge both libraries and have them successfully synced in all my devices?

Thank you very much in advance

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 7:21 AM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2014 9:10 AM in response to Tahoces

Also, icloud could not be used because I have more than 5gbs in photos.

iCloud does not store your photos anyway. The photo streams are only a temporary storage to stream new photos between your devices. You could use the shared streams as long-term storage, but shared streams store the photos only at a reduced quality. The photo stream does not count agains your iCloud storage, so that would not matter. (see: iCloud: iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ)

If you have iPhoto on your iPhones, you could transfer your photos from your iPhones to your PC using iTunes Photo Sharing, see this Help document:

http://help.apple.com/iphoto/iphone/2.0/?handbuch#blnkee26bc1f

Save photos to your computer using iTunes

• Connect your iOS device to your computer.
  • Tap a photo, album, event, web journal, or slideshow and tap User uploaded file > iTunes.
  • Tap Selected, or change the photos you want to save (if you are saving a slideshow skip to step 4):
    • Select different photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap one or more photos, and tap Next.
    • Select a range of photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap Range, tap the first and last photos in the range, and tap Next.
    • Select all the photos in an album or event: Tap All.
  • In iTunes, click the button for your device User uploaded file and click Apps at the top of the window.
  • Below File Sharing, select iPhoto (in Apps).
  • Select the Shared Photos folder under iPhoto Documents.
  • Click Save To and select the location on your computer where you want to save the items.
  • To view your photos, go to the Finder and look in the location you selected above.

How to sync different photo libraries from different apple devices used with the same ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.