Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore my ipod without the actual ipod

Ok so my ipod is lost/stolen so i was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to restore my ipod without the actual ipod in my hands...and also any tips for a person with a lost or stolen ipod

Thanks

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 7:22 AM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2014 7:27 AM in response to mm1228

lost/stolen

No app on the iPod is required.

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected, on a computer browser go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up or conbtinue to show off-line.

- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.

iCloud: Erase your device

iCloud: Use Lost Mode

- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.

- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 on the device. With iOS 7, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.

- Apple will do nothing without a court order

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

Restore another iPod, iPad or iPhone from the backup of your lost/stolen iPod

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

How to restore my ipod without the actual ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.