Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup project not loading

So I move a project from my projects and events folder last month after completing the project. The client needs a small change and so I now need to open it again. I dragged it back into the projects and events folder and it won't open. I've obviously done something wrong, Can I get it back somehow?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 8:22 AM

11 replies

Jul 9, 2014 11:45 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

When I finished the project I was working on a few weeks ago I moved it from my hard drive to an external drive. All I did was drag it from its original folder and stored on an external hard drive. As I now have make some changes all I have done is copy it back into its original folder and try to open it. I have updated my version of FCX to 1.2, before brining the file back, however it won't recognise the file I want to work on as a FCX file

Jul 9, 2014 1:59 PM in response to AndyOllery

You're now using 10.1.2?

Did you update your projects and events that where from prior to 10.1?

Please post screen shots of what's going on. Show us exactly where the folders Final Cut Projects and Final Cut Events are.

When you say you copied the projects what exactly did you copy? The currentevent file?

As I now have make some changes all I have done is copy it back into its original folder and try to open it.

Can you clarify what this means? How did you make changes when the currentevent file is outside the folder?

We can't see your computer so we have no idea what you're doing and what's happening on it. All I can say from your description is that this doesn't sound like something you should have done. It's possible the file is corrupted by doing this. It does sound like the projects and events need to be updated to the new version and that has not been done yet.

Jul 9, 2014 2:38 PM in response to AndyOllery

AndyOllery wrote:

When I finished the project I was working on a few weeks ago I moved it from my hard drive to an external drive. All I did was drag it from its original folder and stored on an external hard drive.

i think there is a lot of guessing going on as to what "it" is…what it was that you dragged from its folder…and what it was that you copied back. My guess is that you did this by going into the library bundle in the Finder?

Russ

Jul 10, 2014 3:32 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

To clear some space on my hard drive I opened up the FCP Library (show package content) and moved some completed projects to an external drive. All I did was put the files back in the library and thought it would just work!! I've now created a new library by adding .fcpbundle to the extension and the project has now opened. Thank you for your time though, I probably should read more on media management!

Backup project not loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.