Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some of my songs are greyed out and won't play on my mini retina, all help gratefully received.

Some of my songs are greyed out and won't play on my mini retina, all help gratefully received.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 8:05 AM

4 replies

Jul 12, 2014 6:29 AM in response to lazlo53

Hello lazlo53,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

With iTunes Match, if a song is appearing grayed out, it means that the device you're using is not authorized or associated with the Apple ID that was used to purchase the song.

Songs containing DRM (Digital Rights Management) may not appear, or may appear grayed out in iCloud. This can occur if your computer is not authorized for playback of that content. Try authorizing your computer, then manually update iTunes Match.

iTunes Store: Troubleshooting iTunes Match

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4054

Since this is occurring on an iPad mini, you will need to associate your device with that other Apple ID:

iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4627

Take care,

Alex H.

Jul 12, 2014 7:13 AM in response to lazlo53

Hi,

I Suggest that you establish the Icloud status of the tracks in your computers itunes library. In song view, you can add the iCloud status column. This will tell you if the tracks have been matched, purchased, uploaded, duplicate, inelligible or waiting. If the status is waiting, the tracks will not be available on your ipad and are showed as greyed out.

Has the iTunes Match completed its scan of your computers itunes library? Are there any tracks with status shown as "waiting". If so, you may need to delete those tracks, let match process complete then try adding those tracks again.

Jim

Jul 20, 2014 5:57 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Sorry about the delay Alex, I think I'm slowly getting there. Many of my songs don't seem to be matched and are therefore slowly (very very) having to upload. The list of greyed out tracks is now down to about 600 cf 1100. A lot of people seem to have a less than perfect experience with imatch. Many thanks for your help

Jul 20, 2014 5:58 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Sorry about the delay in replying Jim, I think I'm slowly getting there. Many of my songs don't seem to be matched and are therefore slowly (very very) having to upload. The list of greyed out tracks is now down to about 600 cf 1100. A lot of people seem to be having a less than perfect experience with imatch. Many thanks for yours and Alex's help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.