Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facetime connection issues

I am unable to connect to my FaceTime calls incoming & outgoing I turned on and off the FaceTime App I checked my internet connect connection and paired with other networks to make sure it wasn't my wifi connection preventing me from FaceTime calls and i updated my iphone4 software(7.1.2)I also made sure that the person(s) I was attempting to FaceTime updated their software as well and i still cant connect to facetime help please!!!! what should I do, I have an appointment with apple later in the week for next week but I really don't want to go into the store if I don't have too can someone be so kind and help me pleaseeeeeeee!!!!!! Thanks

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 8:32 AM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2014 8:39 AM in response to BellaBeauty

Hi BellaBeauty,

I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when something like FaceTime does not work! I see that you have already tried some of the standard troubleshooting steps, which is great. This article does outline a few steps that I do not see in your post. Can you check the steps in this article and reply back once you have completed all of them:

iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime

If those fail to work, you may want to rest your iPhone:

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings

If that fails you may want to restore your iPhone and set it up as a new iPhone:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

Note: Setting the phone up as a new phone and NOT restoring from any backup is important. Be sure to backup photos and music etc before doing a restore!

If all of the above fail you may want to contact Apple Care as they can take a look at some internal settings and such for your Apple ID.

Thanks,

Ludeth

facetime connection issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.