Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using FCPX 10.1.2 with OSX 10.9.4 getting audio pops on multicam edits. The audio angle is made up of synced AIFF files. These edit pops have been a persistant annoyance for some time with FCPX, any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

I've had this problem on multiple machines with multiple versions of OSX and multiple versions of FCPX.

It is extremely frustrating as I've grown to really love so much about FCPX but this basic fundamental problem keeps "popping" up.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 8:52 AM

6 replies

Jul 9, 2014 11:46 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom!

I'm aware of that "fix" it's just annoyingly time consuming, I was just hoping that maybe an audio file format change or some such solution existed.

This even happens on multicam edits where the edit is to video only. I don't recall ever having this issue with FCP7 for years and haven't really had to deal with it to this degree in Avid or Premiere either. Seems to me like an FCPX specific problem. I guess this issue is just better submitted to Apple in the hopes that they fix it in a future update. Again, thank you for your response, it's great having this resource and people such as yourself with whom to discuss these things!

Jul 25, 2014 1:45 PM in response to kmoose

This is maddening. I'm having the same audio popping after export, only it is happening with THE VERY SAME PROJECT that when exported YESTERDAY, did not pop!

Literally, I can export a project now that I haven't touched since the last time I exported it, and now the exported file has audio popping when the previously exported file (again, identical, untouched project) did not.

So sometime between yesterday and today FCPX started inserting popping into all of my projects (and it is ALL of my projects... multi cam, no multi cam, all different audio sources, etc.).

Looks like I may have to nuke my FCPX installation and re-install... that's the only thing I can think to do!

Using FCPX 10.1.2 with OSX 10.9.4 getting audio pops on multicam edits. The audio angle is made up of synced AIFF files. These edit pops have been a persistant annoyance for some time with FCPX, any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.