Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My airport is now very slow when provider replaced modem with Arris TG1672.

TWC provided a new modem Arris TG1672 and now my wifi is very slow. What can I do?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 8:47 AM

7 replies

Jul 9, 2014 8:49 AM in response to ann nora

TWC is going to come and check everything, but they suggested that there might be a Firewall or something that the is preventing the Airport from being its usually efficient self. I never had a problem before the change. Now it is like the old commercials....buffering buffering buffering (doesn't say that) just acts that way.

Jul 9, 2014 5:35 PM in response to ann nora

TWC provided a new modem Arris TG1672 and now my wifi is very slow. What can I do?

Did you reset the airport to factory and redo the setup.. this is always required when you change hardware??

If that doesn't help then there does seem to be a bug in the latest AC models and last firmware in the earlier models.. 7.6.4 can work very poorly.

Please give some info.. what model is the airport. A1xxx from the base please. What firmware version??

You can sometimes trick it with a switch between the modem and the Airport or using a crossover cable.

Jul 9, 2014 8:06 PM in response to DIB.DMD

The express is only 100mbit on the ethernet.. so it is relatively slow.. and generally connects ok.

Sadly all the actual log and diagnostic info has been removed from the latest airport utility.. the older one has a bit.. But Apple programmed it not to work.

Or if you really really and I mean really want to know what is going on, you can delve into the depths.. with a serial console port.

http://embeddedideation.com/2014/03/dissecting-the-airport-express/

There is a Terminal command in your Mac.

natutil -v -i -s -m

I have been exploring it.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6259885

It might at least show you the WAN link speed which you cannot get any other way.

My airport is now very slow when provider replaced modem with Arris TG1672.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.