Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add working btinternet email accounts?

Hi there

I have looked at threads that seem to be associated with the above however they all seem pretty historic and I wondered if Apple had come up with a solution or if there was a workaround that one of you guru's out there might know.

First off, I am not particularly computer articulate so if you ask me additional questions that require tech info, please be gentle with me!

I have a MacbookAir 13" which I am only just (after two years) beginning to properly utilise. Having set up an iCloud email, and added my Gmail account without any problems, I added my primary account which is a btinternet address and all seemed well.

Very quickly though the bt address stopped working properly and kept asking for my password. I have taken it offline, put it online, deleted it and added it again all with the same results.

Is there any way to have all my addresses in one place other than opening up iCloud, gmail and bt via Safari? I am on Mavericks (if that makes any difference).

All help, gratefully appreciated.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 6:24 PM

Change the name of the computer in the Sharing pane of System Preferences to one that has no spaces, apostrophes, parentheses, or special characters.

If you have a BT Home Hub wireless router or something similar, you may also need to change the computer name in the router's settings as described by vincentfromcork on page 2 of this thread.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2014 6:24 PM in response to Brightspark113

Change the name of the computer in the Sharing pane of System Preferences to one that has no spaces, apostrophes, parentheses, or special characters.

If you have a BT Home Hub wireless router or something similar, you may also need to change the computer name in the router's settings as described by vincentfromcork on page 2 of this thread.

How can I add working btinternet email accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.