Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 5th gen wifi distance problem

I recently bought a blue iPod touch 32gb 5th generation. It worked just great for about two weeks and then one day decided that it was only going to connect to wifi networks when I am RIGHT NEXT to the router. The router shows up from all over the place and all my other devices will connect from anywhere, but the iPod will only connect if I am literally 3 or 4 feet from the router.

I have reset the routers, reset my network settings on the iPod, restarted the iPod, and done just about all I know how to do.

It is very frustrating because the iPod will pick up the router signal from all over the house, but only connect when I am sitting right next to it.

Same problem with the wifi at work.

Anyone else have this problem?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 10:24 AM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2014 2:35 PM in response to tymarls

Hey Tymaris, Good trouble shooting. About the only thing you did not try is a full Restore to New. If you try this, make sure you backup this iPod to computer before you restore to save your data / information and then put it back onto your iPod after restoring. Based on what you have described I would say you have a hardware issue. Contact your Apple store or the Apple Genius Bar and have your iPod checked for a possible disconnected or loose Wi-Fi antenna. Good luck. Cheers.

iPod touch 5th gen wifi distance problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.