Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Relay access denied

Hello,

I'm working on a Mac Mini with Maverick OS X 10.9.4 (Build 13E28) and Server OS X 3.1.2 (Build 13S4517).

I configured Mail Server service by using the Server GUI by defining domain for emailing, authentication kind, push notification and send email through the definition of my ISP; I defined also a new Account Internet allowed for emailing.

I tested via Mail.app that the account defined is able to send and receive mails locally.

I tried to send also emails outside the company (a domain different from the local) but inside the log I have the following error:

Jul 9 17:49:29 <hostname> postfix/smtpd[12213]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[x.x.x.x]: 554 5.7.1 <yyyy@outsideexample.com>: Relay access denied; from=<xxx@example.com> to=<yyyy@outsideexample.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<[x.x.x.x]>

I verified that inside postfix/main.cf file the relayhost field has been defined with the address:port of my ISP; moreover I verified that in the file /Library/Server/Mail/Config/postfix/sasl/passwd, the ISP address:port and user:password are correctly set and the /Library/Server/Mail/Config/postfix/sasl/passwd.db file has been updated with postmap

Ideas/suggestions?

I'm available for details if necessary

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 9:45 AM

Solved...

Inside the main.cf file the mynetworks parameter wasn't set to the right value; I added by hands the info of the LAN on which are my Mail.app clients and now it works.

But have I always a question: where was wrong my configuration? Why Server OS X doesn't allow to set this parameter from the GUI?

Maybe is a correct way there to configure this issue by avoiding changes by hands?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2014 9:45 AM in response to andresfrommi

Solved...

Inside the main.cf file the mynetworks parameter wasn't set to the right value; I added by hands the info of the LAN on which are my Mail.app clients and now it works.

But have I always a question: where was wrong my configuration? Why Server OS X doesn't allow to set this parameter from the GUI?

Maybe is a correct way there to configure this issue by avoiding changes by hands?

Relay access denied

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.