Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem importing music

i want to put iPod music in garage band so i can edit it. I click the "loop" button and then "music". After that i press the song to import. Then it starts to sample the song and won't go back to garage band. on the bottom of the screen it reads "protected songs and songs not stored locally on your iPod touch can not import." Please help me ASAP Thanks User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 10:55 AM

2 replies

Jul 11, 2014 11:13 AM in response to Ethanem223

Hello ,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

The following steps are from the GarageBand help section, and explain the 6 step process of importing a song from the Music app.

Import a song from the Music app

1. To import the entire song, set the current song section to Automatic; otherwise, only the portion of the song that fits the current song section is imported.
  2. Tap the View button User uploaded file to open Tracks view.
  3. Tap the Loop Browser button User uploaded file in the control bar, then tap Music.
  4. You can search for songs by name, or browse by album, artist, genre, or playlist.
  5. To preview a song, tap it in the list. You can control the preview volume with the slider at the bottom of the list.
  6. Drag a song left or right to show Tracks view. Align the left edge of the song with the bar or beat on the ruler where you want it to start playing.

Import a song from the Music app

http://help.apple.com/garageband/iphone/2.0/#chsb3f15dc4

Take care,

Alex H.

Problem importing music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.