Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Starkey Halo volume control

I have my Halo's linked to an iPod touch 5th generation.

The hearing aids are programmed to different volumes for the left ear and the right ear.

This shows on the Left and Right Volume sliders as 45% and 65% respectively when the iPod iOS 7 controller is accessed by triple clicking the Home button.

When I adjust the third L + R Volume slider the other individual hearing aid sliders change to the same volume as the L + R Volume slider, losing the individual difference required for each ear.

I the Settings/General/Accessibility/Hearing aids/my Hearing Aids, Adjust Independently is set to off.

How can I get the L + R Volume slider to retain the differential volume for each individual ear?

Thanks for any help.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 7:15 PM

When I slide the space between the R & L, my halos maintain the differential volume for each ear. My adjust independently is set to ON. Hope this helps.

2 replies

Nov 24, 2014 10:49 PM in response to sandraD1

Thanks for the reply. I am still using the Starkey Halo hearing aids but I am now using iOS 8.1.1 on an iPhone Plus and the latest upgrade of Starkey app called TruLink. What I was describing was when using the Apple controls—accessible by triple clicking the Home button—verses the TruLink app. What you say is true in the TrueLink app—although the volume controls have no handy % indicators like the Apple Volume sliders—the latest version of TruLink has some changes to Automatic Memories saving that is a big improvement but it is still not there yet.

Starkey Halo volume control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.