Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod Classic won't sync to iTunes

I've had my iPod Classic for about 2 years now and it's always worked fine. And now it won't sync. When I press the sync button in iTunes, the "syncing your iPod" screen comes up for about half a second, and then it gives the "iPod sync is complete, okay to disconnect" message, but there's still nothing on the iPod. I started by restarting iTunes, then restored my iPod hoping it would fix the problem, but it hasn't worked so far. I even ran the diagnostic test to see if the hard drive was possibly corrupt, but there were zero reallocs or pending sectors, so I have no idea what the problem is.

I am running iTunes 11.2.2 on my Mac, OS X 10.9.3

The device is an iPod Classic 160GB 7th gen

Help?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 1:01 PM

One question; was there any music on the iPod before now, and if so, what happened to it?

Check to make sure that Sync Music is selected on the Device/Music pane and that you have selected music to be added to the iPod.

User uploaded file

2 replies

My iPod Classic won't sync to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.