Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro 10.1.2 cannot import my XAVC S video from my Sony A7s

Fianl Cut Pro X cannot recognise XAVC S files on my Sony A7s when attempting to import. Is there any way I can import these files into Final Cut?

The only alternative that has worked is digging into M4ROOT/CLIP/.. and importing the mp4 file...

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 11:11 AM

1 reply

Aug 17, 2014 1:32 PM in response to hey-lo mac

I just bought a late 2014 13" MBP with i7 processor and 8G of Ram to run FCP X 10.1.2 for use with a Sony A7 and A7S. I have had no problems importing the clips directly from the SD card into FCP libraries. I do dig into the card structure to find the mp4 files though. I don't need to optimize, and I don't need proxies. Editing seems very quick to this newbie, and everything is in the FCP library for backup. The files on the card are erased when I format, and the file naming starts again at C0001 etc. but the first thing I do when I add new clips to an event is to rename them to something that reminds me of the clip (i.e Hand shot).

All in all avery easy process, although I wish I could grade S log 2 better...

I hope this helps.

Michael

tealwayfilms.com

Final Cut Pro 10.1.2 cannot import my XAVC S video from my Sony A7s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.