Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can i find my iphoto library?

After recovering my hard disk (erasing everything because of performance issues) and reinstalling everything from Time Machine i can not find my iPhoto library anymore. I know it has to be somewhere because every single thing was copied correctly so i am also assuming iPhoto library would be copied correctly. However i can not find it in finder (it is not in the default location and i know it never was).

Does somebody know where to look and how to find it?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 11:11 AM

9 replies

Jul 9, 2014 4:13 PM in response to Hilibrand

It may be there is no library on your HD and it was never backed up. Download and run Find Any File to search for a file with "ThumbJPGSegment" in the file name. There are files common to all versions of iPhoto libraries with that as part of the file name..

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages. If there's a library hiding somewhere on your hard drive FAF will find it.

Also run it on your Time Machine drive. It will take a longer time to search that drive due to the nature of the backup structure but FAF will tell if you have any iPhoto Library on that drive.

Jul 28, 2014 2:36 PM in response to Hilibrand

Launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and tell us how many libraries are listed in the following window:

User uploaded file

Is there one shown? If not download and run Find Any File to search for a file with "ThumbJPGSegment" in the file name. There are files common to all versions of iPhoto libraries with that as part of the file name..

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages. If there's a library hiding somewhere on your hard drive FAF will find it.

where can i find my iphoto library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.