Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my son pushed something on the computer yesterday and now i cannot find the pictures that i downloaded from my digital camera

My son pushed a button the computer yesterday and now I can not find my pictures from my digital camera.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 10:49 AM

8 replies

Jul 9, 2014 10:51 AM in response to Areeds

With the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what version of iPhoto are you using?
  • what system version are you running?
  • what do you see when iPhoto opens?
  • what fixes have you tried?
  • where is your library located?
  • did you apply any updates or upgrades just prior to the problem occurring?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

User uploaded file

• what type of Mac?
  • how much free space on your boot drive?

User uploaded file

Jul 9, 2014 11:01 AM in response to Areeds

Wow - re-read your post and think about how you would answer it

we need information to help

what versions of iPhoto and of the OS? What exactly happens when you launch iPhoto? Have you looked in the iPhoto trash? In the system trash?

The only sure answer is to restore your backup from before your son "pushed a button"

LN

Jul 9, 2014 5:14 PM in response to Areeds

You may have transferred the photos while logged in as Guest. If so, they were deleted when you logged out of the Guest account. If they've also been deleted from the camera, there's really nothing you can do. There are ways to try to recover deleted files, but it's a job for professionals if you want good results, and their services are very expensive.

my son pushed something on the computer yesterday and now i cannot find the pictures that i downloaded from my digital camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.