Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch not syncing with itunes liberary

My ipod was acting very strange not playing music right and missing audio on some songs so I reset it and went to set it up as a new ipod on my itunes account. I got through everything up to syncing music. Whenever it gets to copying the music over it will not do it, it copies about maybe 10 songs and stops, then resets the syncing process again and repeats this. Is there any way to fix this so I can finally have a normal functioning ipod again?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 11:19 AM

8 replies

Jul 9, 2014 11:25 AM in response to TrayofPandas

Try:

- another USB port and cable

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Jul 10, 2014 12:35 PM in response to lllaass

update: Restored my ipod from the backup that was saved on my laptop and it synced fine. Today I bought two albums and installed them through itunes and tried to sync up through my desktop PC and it did the same thing. I do not believe this is a hardware issue since it works fine on my laptop and not on my desktop PC I think it is an itunes issue.

Jul 10, 2014 12:52 PM in response to TrayofPandas

You said :it works fine on my laptop and not on my desktop PC"

You can only sync with one computer. To change syncing computers you have to restore the iPod via iTunes on the second computer.

If you did that and are still having problems and an already removed and reinstall all Apple software then that indicates a computer problem. Maybe hardware or software.

Ipod touch not syncing with itunes liberary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.