Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my podcast cover doesn't display in itunes an podcast app

Hey there,

I have a podcast feed and I'm used to add new chapters every month. Each chapter with a different cover.

It's been a while since all the cover stopped showing up on itunes and in the podcast app on my iphone.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help?🙂

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 11:19 AM

9 replies

Jul 9, 2014 12:37 PM in response to Livia_

iTunes is not using the feed at the URL you give, but the one at

http://www.totemnet.com.br/podcast/totempodcast.xml

They appear to be the same. You don't have an 'itunes:image' tag so no image will appear in your Store page; and you don't have the 'iTunes declaration' in the second line which is necessary for iTunes to read its various tags.

I checked your latest episode: it has an embedded image which appears when subscribing in iTunes and playing the episode. I can't check on the Podcasts app, not having an iOS device, but I believe it does not show the embedded images.

Jul 16, 2014 7:04 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks for the help, but continuous doesn't working... 😟

I tried different ways but not working.

I changed the image folder, increased the size to 600 x 600 but still does not appear. And iTunes takes a day to index the changes ... the process is very time consuming.

I put the tags itunes only in the early episodes, before changing the whole feed, you think this can be a problem?

Thanks!!

Jul 16, 2014 8:28 AM in response to Livia_

It's a good idea to have an image in the Store.

You can have individual images display when subscribing and playing in iTunes by embedding them in the media file - I see I commented that you have already done this with your top episode; I didn't check the others. Note that you have to be actually playing the episode to see the image. The image in the 'itunes:image' tag within the 'item' tag does not show there or in the Store. If you are unclear about it one method for embedding the image the file is detailed here:

http://wilmut.uk/coverart

Some podcast creation programs do this for you automatically.

Jul 16, 2014 9:07 AM in response to Livia_

User uploaded file

I checked a couple of random episodes and the images worked fine as in the picture on the right. As I say, you have to be actually playing the episode; you can get the large image up by command-clicking (Mac) or control-clicking (Windows) on the small image at the top.

The individual images will not appear in the iTunes Store itself - they never did.

As I say, I don't have an iOS device so I can't check it there, but I have a feeling that it doesn't handle the embedded images, which would seem reasonable given its method of downloading only a part of the file at a time.

my podcast cover doesn't display in itunes an podcast app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.