Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find iPhoto on my macbook pro

I recently had to get a new hard drive into my macbook pro and having received it back I am unable to locate iPhoto, wondering if I now need to purchase it or whether it is hiding somewhere. Any feedback would be grate. Thanks

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 11:16 AM

4 replies

Jul 9, 2014 11:24 AM in response to kimmouland

If the iLife version from your earlier drive was not re-installed, or if you bought

the iPhoto from the Mac App Store, you could re-install it. From the latter, you

could go to the app store and see where previous purchases are located, to

download another copy of the one you bought; if you did.

If you had iLife on DVD from another era, you could use that to reinstall, if you

had an optical drive to access optical disc media.

Since you don't say how your earlier iPhoto or iLife was acquired, that detail

is important to how you may restore it. Or buy a new version from app store

if you don't have any other option; if you got it from the app store check there

to see about getting a free copy of the one you bought. Then check for update.

How was the data transferred from the old Mac? Do you still have that Mac?

Could be only one copy per media license, for older version, was allowed.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Jul 9, 2014 11:24 AM in response to kimmouland

Which version of iPhoto did you have and which version of MacOS X do you have now?

If iPhoto cam preinstalled on your mac with a MacOS X version 10.7 or later, you can reinstall iPhoto from the AppStore. See this support document:

OS X: About OS X Recovery

Restoring iLife applications after Internet Restore of OS X

If your computer came with OS X Lion or later and you erase your hard disk and install OS X, you can download iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand from the Mac App Store.

1. After installation, start (up) from OS X.
  2. Choose App Store from the Apple menu.
  3. Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted.
  4. Click Purchases.
  5. If you haven't previously accepted your bundled iLife applications within the Mac App Store, you should see your iLife applications appear in the Accept portion of the screen. Click Accept.
  6. You may be asked for your Apple ID and password once again. Your iLife applications now move to the Purchased section. These applications are part of the software that came with your computer. Your account will not be charged for them. Click Install to complete installation of your applications.

I can't find iPhoto on my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.