Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Caller ID/Unknown number

I received a call from a number that came up No Caller ID (blocked)? When that call shows up in my call log, does it say No Caller ID or Unknown? Thanks in advance for any response.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 11:36 AM

Will depend on how your carrier implements caller id. Mine usually comes up Unavailable, Not Available, Out of Area, Private Caller, or just nothing...that is using Verizon so will vary with the carrier you use.

5 replies

Jul 9, 2014 6:51 PM in response to LibraALS

Thanks for the responses. My carrier is AT&T. I'm aware of the different lingo, blocked, no caller id, out of area, etc. I am just wondering if it possible for the same call to show up differently..meaning..when it rang it said No Caller ID, but later on checking the call log, it said unknown. I know it seems like a weird inquiry. But, I received a call from someone that said No Caller ID. I had a missed call today and in my call log it said unknown curious if it could be the same person since I rarely get these kind of calls.

Jul 9, 2014 6:57 PM in response to LibraALS

Actually that is not a weird inquiry...I have had that happen on my land-line phone...same number come up with different "messages" none of which identified the caller. But the numbers were the same. End result is the same with me, I get a little snotty about it, if a caller won't tell me who is calling, they obviously don't want to talk to me very badly.

No Caller ID/Unknown number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.