Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and FaceTime not logging in

About two and a half weeks ago, I had to reset my Apple ID password. After this, iMessage and FaceTime worked fine on my iPod (5th gen.). However, on my Macbook Air (mid-2013 model), I could not log back on to iMessage. I am not sure about FaceTime, but I assume it didn’t work either, because it’s not working now. Every time I went to iMessage, it would ask me to put in my Apple ID password. I would enter it, it would take a while to process, and then it would bring up a window that would say something like, “You can be reached at these addresses:” Then it listed my email address with an un-checked box beside it. I would go to check the box, but it would only flash as checked for a second before un-checking again. I couldn’t log in through System Preferences either; it told me there was a server error and to try again later. I tried multiple times a day for about a week, and it never worked.

Then, updated my Macbook Air (mid-2013 model) to the newest version of the Mountain Lion OS. The update had been available for a while; I had began to download it then, but I must have lost wi-fi or something near the beginning of the update. After that, beside the “Update” button in the App Store, it had a message along the lines of, “There was an error downloading. Please try again.” (Or at least, I’m fairly certain that’s what it said. It was most likely more simple than that.) I finally updated it about two days ago. It works fine, but I still can't sign into iMessage. I enter the password, and it loads and loads and loads. I can leave it going for at least a day, and I’ve tried multiple times. FaceTime is also not working; I open the app, and it shows the video box and sidebar. In the sidebar, it says, “Signing in” with a loading symbol. Below it, it says that I must sign in to my Apple ID to use FaceTime, and gives me a box to input my Apple ID and password. However, I can’t put in the info, because it is apparently already signing in. It just keeps loading, just like iMessage.

Is there a way to sign in any other way? If not, is there a way I can solve this problem?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 1:29 PM

5 replies

iMessage and FaceTime not logging in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.