Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Highlight Search results in google chrome

Hi,

I would like to be able to have search results highlighted in color in google ( chrome ) like you can do in windows ( pc ). I can't find a way to do this and have searched the net for an answer. This is the only thing i miss after changing to a mac.

Basically, i just want to be able to find the words ( highlighted ) in the text once i have clicked on the search result of my choice.

Many thanks

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 12:12 PM

6 replies

Jul 10, 2014 3:14 AM in response to ckuan

Thanks for the reply.

When i searched for this i saw that command and f was advised but it does not do anything other than bring a box up in the top right hand corner of the screen with the terms themselves with an up and down arrow. When i press either of the arrows the search terms turn orange in the main search address bar at the top but do nothing else ie when i click on one of the search results the search terms are not highlighted in the actual text nor in the search results. When i try clicking on a search result and use the command and f , it does not do anything. What is command and f mean't to do ?

cheers

Jul 10, 2014 6:53 AM in response to ckuan

Ah i see thanks Ckuan.

I know see that you have to delete the search word(s) in the box after pressing command and f and type in a new word followed by return. That then works for one word or a name. Unfortunately it does not work for multiple searches as i was hoping, hence why it was not working for me ( unless together as in a name ) but it is certainly much better than nothing so thank you very much for your help - it is much appreciated. I have also since been informed that google chrome multihighlighter does multiple search highlighting once you download it from chrome website so i have everything covered now thanks as i have done that and it works in a similar manner.

It is very odd that you cannot do multiple searches automatically as you can on pc in google. To be honest that was the only thing that was far more intuitive to me personally about using a pc but now i have these two functions which are actually better than the automatic pc function i am all sorted. Much obliged.

All the best.

How to Highlight Search results in google chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.