Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation problem on Windows 8.1

Ok...I am using the 15" macbook pro 2.3GHz late 2013 running OSX Mavericks 10.9.4... I am trying to install Windows 8.1 using bootcamp...but during installation, when the install bar hits 91-92% an error message shows that windows cannot be installed...I used both DVD and USB.....In USB though..the installation is completed,...but during finishing up an error message shows.....CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME...REALLLLY NEED HELP...

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 12:56 PM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2014 11:48 AM in response to Zayen

Hi Zayen,

I'm a bit unclear on the exact error message you are getting when you try to install from the disc and from USB, or if they are the same error message. You may want to make sure you are installing from a full-install disc or ISO, as per the following article:

Boot Camp: Solve Windows installation problems

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH17851

Regards,

- Brenden

Jul 11, 2014 12:58 PM in response to brenden dv

Thanks brenden for your quick reply....the exact problem is...I got a DVD of windows 8.1 (not the registered ones) and when I headed to install windows 8.1 pro KMS activated from the DVD the installation progresses till 91-92% then an error message shows " windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, restart the installation" ....however I installed the same windows on my pc ......the first time I installed windows 8.1 from a DVD it installed fine...but the windows was core and inactivated...so I had only a trial period.. When I install by usb with windows 8.1 downloaded form torrent..the error message shows " windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed" ......even after the installation is completed and the error message shows just during the finishing up phase.........and from the look discussion above if I restart Mac and then install windows from the opening directory selection...will it erase my Mac OSX.......and another problem....why does windows 8.1 look a bit pixelated in MacBook Pro......CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME.......AND THANKS ONCE AGAIN FOR GIVING A REPLY...HOPE YOU FIND A SOLUTION.....

Installation problem on Windows 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.