Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I still can't connect to wifi on my iMac 10.9.4!

I Honestly don't even know what to do know. I haven't been able to connect for a while. After I got the 10.9.4 update it would work for maybe a couple hours but know it just won't work and I don't know what else to do because I have tried everything that people say will "fix" this issues. I'm on an late 2011 iMac running Mavericks 10.9.4. Please someone give me an answer!

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 12:42 PM

7 replies

Jul 9, 2014 8:27 PM in response to Linc Davis

here are the things I have done, I might have forgotten some (maybe)

reset router twice

reset pram

reset smc

changed location in the Network tab

put "wifi" on top of the list in the network tab with the "set order service"

removed my wifi from the preferred tab and re added it many times

renew dhcp lease

turned of wifi and turned it back on

resetarted computer and router

delete the system preferences folder or something like that I forget

There is probably more but I can't remember right now.

Also when I try to connect to my wifi I'll type in the right password and I'll get a "connection timout" or something like that, I have also tried typing in the wrong password and still get the timout error. If I try adding in the wifi manually in the "preferred networks" tab in the "networks" tab, it wont show the timout but the wifi icon will do the search animation where the bars keep going up and down but I won't connect to anything. Also after I do that I try to connect by pressing the wifi icon on the too right, it will pop up with an option to run diagnostics.( I have tried this as well) it also says in that same pop up that I should move closer to my router but that's not the case because it isnt close, bu. It's not far either.

Jul 9, 2014 8:35 PM in response to TnKAcid

Please answer as many of the following questions as you can. You may already have answered some of them; in that case, there's no need to repeat the answers.

• If possible, connect to the router with an Ethernet cable and turn off Wi-Fi. Any difference?
  • Are any other devices on the network, and if so, are they the same?
  • If you can connect to more than one network, are they all the same?
  • Are all network applications affected, or only some? If only some, which ones?
  • Disconnect all other devices from the network. Any change?
  • Start up in safe mode and test. Any difference?
  • Start up in Recovery mode. From the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. Any difference?
  • If possible, turn off Bluetooth and disconnect any USB 3 devices. Any difference?

Aug 9, 2014 1:29 PM in response to TnKAcid

I Have exactly the same problem. You are not alone, and i suspect there are many thousands of others plagued with this problem. I've tried everything you have and a few other things as well such as removing Bluetooth plists ( whatever they are) and messing around with my keychain access settings. Nothing works. updating to OS X has rendered my imac virtually useless. Apple know of the problem, but have no answers...it may well be that there is no straightforward solution for some of us...

I still can't connect to wifi on my iMac 10.9.4!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.