Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i try to copy a file to my ipad via webdav, i get an error occurred message

I currently use a Mac Mini running Maverick and server. I have WebDAV set up I believe correctly. I have iWork on my iPad. I can log in and authenticate to the server and actually see the files that I have shared on the Mac server. When I try to retrieve it I get the following: An error occurred

Same is true if I create on the iPad and try to copy to the shared directory. Im not exactly sure what direction to take as the message is so vague. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

Thx

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 1:05 PM

6 replies

Jul 10, 2014 5:16 AM in response to iToaster

I will check the server logs today.

Permissions are good as I have tried with the local admin account to the Mac server as well as a user account created on that box that has R/W access.

I can get signed in and see the files in the directory. It just when I try to copy from or copy to, I get the error. again, I will check the logs and follow up today. Unfortunately we are only dealing with iPads for this scenario unless I am able to test from a windows box......stay tuned

Jul 15, 2014 5:50 AM in response to MartyGosnell

That sounds like a problem with the user the iPad is connecting as

I seem to remember iOS pages, keynote etc storing the user login info, and having to completely remove the stored login info from the device

if a different user wanted to use a device another user had connected to WebDAV, or password changes.

Quite a while since I looked at this, things may have changed with latest ios pages versions

Unfortunately I can't remember how to remove the stored user login info

Try comparing the server logs when you connect with the windows box and the iPad

There are WebDAV file browsing apps in the App Store, try one of those on the iPad

If you can connect with it, it's probably pages etc storing a user login with an error in it

if not perhaps it's a network problem vlan segregation, firewall, subnet etc etc

Jul 15, 2014 6:00 AM in response to iToaster

I will try another app. Im familiar with the stored user error as I have found a million articles about it. I am able to log on and off the session and I have tried the local admin to the Mac server as well as my account that is created on the Mac server.

Im using OD and AD integration so the Mac server has carried over all of the Windows user accounts so I thought that might have been the issue. But then again, I am able to browse to the directory with either user just fine. It when I copy from or copy to that directory that I get the errors

I will keep digging. Thank you for the response....

Jul 16, 2014 12:01 AM in response to MartyGosnell

is the account your using on the iPad a OD user

if you create a new account in the OD on the mac to test the iPad connectivity and keep it simple and just give the user access to the WebDAV

and no groups

Maybe the combination of user/group OD/AD inheritance thats preventing the iPad user from accessing the WebDAV share

From memory mac handles user/group nesting differently to windows each is handled separately so you could potentially have one overriding the other

when i try to copy a file to my ipad via webdav, i get an error occurred message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.