Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S FaceTime not working properly

I have never had FaceTime problems before but now my iPhone 4S will connect and I get the picture and the audio but the person on the other end of the call cannot hear me. I either cut out or my voice is too soft for them to hear. What should I do?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 1:51 PM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 10:52 AM in response to Lynda2014

Hello Lynda2014,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

To troubleshoot this issue with placing FaceTime calls, please follow the steps below:

If you encounter issues making or receiving FaceTime calls, follow these steps:

1. Update both devices (your device and your friend's device) to the latest version of iOS.
    If you started to have issues making or receiving FaceTime calls after April 16, 2014, you or your friend may have an expired device certificate. Updating both devices will resolve this issue.
  2. Verify that FaceTime is enabled in Settings > FaceTime.
    • If the issue persists or if you see the message "Waiting for Activation," turn FaceTime off and then on again. Learn what to do if you can't activate FaceTime.
    • If you don't see the FaceTime setting, make sure that Camera and FaceTime aren't disabled in Settings > General > Restrictions.
  3. Verify that the date and time are set correctly: Tap Settings > General > Date & Time and turn on Set Automatically.
  4. Verify that both parties have an active Internet connection and are connected to a Wi-Fi network or a cellular data connection.
  5. Verify push functionality using Mail or other applications that use this feature. FaceTime uses push notifications to send and receive invitations.
  6. Make sure that you have the correct phone number or email address.
  7. Restart your device.
  8. If using FaceTime over a Wi-Fi network, go to the steps to resolve Wi-Fi network issues.

iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3367

Take care,

Alex H.

iPhone 4S FaceTime not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.