Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

display to TV HDMI with IOS 10.9.4

I was using my TV as an external display for my Mid 2009 MacBook Pro, but when I updated to IOS 10.9.3 it stopped working. I updated to 10.9.4 and that didn't help. I have 2 HDMI inputs on my TV and when I connect to #2 I get picture and the computer recognizes the TV, but my TV will not accept audio on the HDMI 2 input. When I connect my Apple TV to HDMI1 it works fine, so it's not the TV. So all hardware checks good, but I can't get the picture on HDMI 1. I have also reset the PRAM. Still no luck.

Any more ideas for me?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 1:13 PM

2 replies

Jul 11, 2014 5:20 PM in response to Blyon2010

If the blanket troubleshooting tips don't fix this situation, this is potentially related to graphics driver kexts being broken starting in 10.9.3 (search the forum for "10.9.4" and "display", to find other threads discussing this).

The HDMI works with my AMD 6000 series, but the Thunderbolt stopped working correctly with 10.9.3; perhaps you have different series graphics board which had HDMI broken in the name of 4K support?

Also, please file a bug report with Apple - if they close enough as 'duplicate', perhaps it will demonstrate to them that they shouldn't keep it broken for another release. https://bugreport.apple.com

display to TV HDMI with IOS 10.9.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.