Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second Display periodically blinking off

I'm running a MacPro 3,1 on OSX 10.9.4 with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 1024 MB video card, and I'm experiencing my second display periodically blinking off and on. It will stay on for a while, and then randomly go black, as if the DVI connection was lost, and then in a few moments it will come back again. It doesn't seem to coincide with anything I'm doing, it just does it at random.

I've read a bunch of other people having issues with multiple displays with the 10.9.3 and 10.9.4 versions of Mavericks.

Wondering if anyone else has been having this problem of the periodic and random blinking off.

Thanks for any assistance.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 1:38 PM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 12:42 PM in response to bowserlm

Hello bowserlm

Tryout some of the troubleshooting steps in the article below for issues with flickering with your Mac Pro. The mains ones are Check the connections and possibly try a different cable, Reset the NVRAM and SMC, and finally Start up in Safe Mode and then change the Display resolution and then restart your Mac Pro up normally and test.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1573

Regards,

-Norm G.

Second Display periodically blinking off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.