Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is their a way to change the restriction password without losing my restriction settings?

Is their a way to change the restriction password without losing my restriction settings? I don't to lose all my setting I made in the website restrictions!

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 2:43 PM

The only way to change it is via the passcode settings. If you have forgotten the restrictions passcode, then you need to restore your device as New. You cannot restore a backup unless it is one from before you set a restrictions passcode.

If you change an existing passcode setting it should not change your restrictions settings.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2014 2:43 PM in response to Community User

The only way to change it is via the passcode settings. If you have forgotten the restrictions passcode, then you need to restore your device as New. You cannot restore a backup unless it is one from before you set a restrictions passcode.

If you change an existing passcode setting it should not change your restrictions settings.

Jul 9, 2014 3:06 PM in response to Kappy

To my knowledge you can't CHANGE the password. You can only disable the restriction, and then set it again with a new password, and you lose your restriction setting in that process!

Is their a way to change the restriction password without losing my restriction settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.