Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there no support for RTF files in Pages?

This is nuts!

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 3:52 PM

7 replies

Jul 9, 2014 4:31 PM in response to FoxFifth

FoxFifth wrote:

Since this is a user-to-user support forum I'm not sure anyone here can give you the reason. You can provide feedback/suggestion to Apple at https://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html

I've given up on Pages after trying to use it for over a year and a half and now use Open Office -- free and more capability generally.

Thanks for the info.

Doubt I'll ever hear anything from Apple and am still curious why support for RTF files was dropped.

I, personally, am finding Apple less and less reliable and competent as time goes on. That's going to be a consideration in future purchases.

Jul 9, 2014 4:48 PM in response to Gerald Gifford

You are not alone.

Actions speak louder than words, but Apple does manage to still distract many from what is self evident before them.

I am astonished by those who swear that non-existent features, or features that pre-exist the current version make Pages 5.2 a major upgrade.

An affect that does seem to wear off with familiarity, as each version of Pages 5 gets a boost in the App Store, only to see the disapproval rating surge back again.

Pages was always one of the top purchases in the App Store, now it doesn't even rate.

Peter

Jun 23, 2015 8:28 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

I, too, have relegated my Pages version to '09 (4.3). It does everything I need including deal with RTFs.

Frankly, I think Apple is too busy selling watches, fancy phones, music, and wimpy photo apps to pay attention to a little things like a word processors or well designed computers. I have a late '13 Mac Pro that was supposed to run 4K monitors. So far, nothing but 3rd party monitprs that don't work fully without added software or tons of money.

Jerry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.