Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I see my all of my mailboxes on my iPhone?

I have a 4s iPhone with iOS7.1.2. On my email app, I cannot see all of the mailboxes that I am able to see on my iMac computer. On my iPhone, I see the inbox, drafts, sent, junk, trash, etc. On my iMac computer, I have created mailboxes (like folders) where I save emails. I cannot see these on my iPhone. My husband is able to access all the mailboxes on his folders. Do you know what I need to change in order to access all of the mailboxes?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 1:53 PM

23 replies

Jul 11, 2014 7:40 AM in response to ISU Aero

This will depend on a couple of things, but primarily on what type of email you have: POP or IMAP. If you are using a POP account, then no. Those folders you created on the iMac are ONLY on the iMAC, not on the server, consequently you can't see them on the iOS device. Nor can you create folders on an iOS device.

If you do have an IMAP account, it is still possible you created the folders locally and not on the server. They wouldn't show up either, but this could be rectified by creating the folders under the account on the iMac (not local).

Jul 11, 2014 7:40 AM in response to ISU Aero

ISU Aero wrote:

I tried your suggestion. I still can only access my inbox, etc - but I can't see the subfolders that I have set up on my home computer.

Who is your email provider? Is it the same as your husbands? Email providers that use POP3 (e.g. AOL, Comcast) do not sync folders across devices. Ones that use IMAP (e.g. Gmail) do sync folders.

Jul 11, 2014 8:19 AM in response to ISU Aero

I would guess then that the folders that you made are not syncing from your iMac to your iPhone. Can you try this: Go into settings and mail,contacts,calendar and delete your yahoo account. Then instead of adding yours add your husbands. Then go to the mail app and see if his folders show up on your iPhone. This will tell you that your husband did something differently when making his folders in the iMac mail app in order for it to sync.

How can I see my all of my mailboxes on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.